Ask a question on the Forum ^

Personal Lawyer

ask your question

With whom should a child live in case of divorce

Disputes arising out of spouses, particularly the child's place of residence, are examined exclusively in court, and the court always takes the best interests of the child when making a decision. Every child has the right to live in a family, to be brought up, to know his or her parents, and to live with them. And divorce or separation of parents does not restrict the rights of the child. When living separately from parents, the child has the right to maintain regular personal relationships and direct contact with his or her parents, except when it is contrary to the child's interests. A parent who lives with a child should not interfere with the intercourse with the other parent if such interference does not impair the physical and mental health of the child. Thus, when examining the issue of the child's residence in court, the child's best interests are of paramount importance.

In addition, it should also be noted that the child has the right to participate in the examination of the issue and to express his/her opinion when addressing any issues affecting his or her rights and interests. The opinion of the child, in accordance with his / her age and maturity may be taken into account by the court. The opinion of a child over the age of ten is mandatory for the court. The issue of the residence of a child is one of the most problematic and frequent cases in judicial practice. In the course of the case investigation, it requires a lawyer's dedicated and balanced work. As a conclusion, if necessary, you can connect with our office any day and hour of the week, and a qualified attorney will provide full consultation or conscientious objection to your case in the court and other bodies.

Go back